By the end of this course participants should
- have an awareness of multi modal approaches to communication
- understand some of the communication difficulties experienced by people with learning disabilities
- be aware of some simple strategies than can help to overcome such difficulties
- understand some different types of non verbal communication, including intensive interaction and sensory stories
- understand what is meant by "accessible information"
Anyone who supports people with learning disabilities
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.