First Aid at Work Certificate - HABC (3 days)
Duration 3 days
This Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) course covers all aspects of First Aid and meets the requirements of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. The regulations require that 'an employer shall provide, or ensure there is provided, such numbers of suitable persons as is adequate and appropriate in the circumstances for rendering first aid to his employees if they become ill or injured at work'.
- Health and Safety administration and the duties of the first aider
- Handling an incident and developing an action plan
- Initial assessment and carrying out a search
- Disorders of the breathing and respiratory system
- Wounds, bleeding and the circulatory system. Emergency life support
- Dressings and bandages
- Head injuries and the causes of unconsciousness
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Burns and scolds
- Eye injuries and conditions
- Heat and cold on the body
- Muscle, joint and bone injuries
Methods of Delivery
Delegates will be encouraged to demonstrate their existing level of knowledge in the subject throughout the session, and will have an opportunity to role-play and practice the various first aid techniques. A course handout will be issued to delegates to guide the learning and for future reference.
- Learning Objectives
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Participants will be able to recognise and treat conditions that they come across in the workplace.
- Gain an understanding of accident reporting
- Practical training on how to assist a casualty in the event of an emergency
- Be shown an assessment of a casualty
- Learn to deal with an unconscious casualty
- Learn to administer CPR
- Develop an understanding of the treatment of minor injuries
Anyone designated an appointed person or in a role requiring this level of first aid cover.
Delegates should familiarise themselves with the first aid procedures of their workplace.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Emergency First Aid