By the end of the session, participants will
- Be able to recognise the rights of the individual regarding sexuality
- Be aware of possible indicators of abuse
- Have explored the role of social care workers in supporting individuals with sexuality
- Be able to explain key points from the Sexual Offences Act 2003
- Be able to explain what is meant by consent in relation to sexuality and people with learning disabilities, and how this relates to the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Understand 'No Secrets' guidance and how to report any concerns.
This course is aimed at all staff supporting people with learning disabilities.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.