Food Safety - CIEH Level 2
Duration 1 day
Employees who handle food will gain a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems involved. They will have the confidence and expertise to deliver quality food safely to customers. At the end of the course there will be a 30-question multiple-choice examination paper, which may be conducted orally. Candidates who pass the examination will be awarded the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every 3 years.
- Legislation and best practice
- Food safety hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
- Learning Objectives
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Delegates will be made aware of current legislation and responsibilities
- To be responsible for preventing bacterial and physical food contaminants
- To understand cross contamination and ways to prevent it
- To recognise the importance of personal hygiene
- To be responsible for preventing access of pests
- To understand the HACCP system in operation and their role
Those responsible for food preparation, handling or provision of safe food.
Upon completion of the final assessment, the delegates will receive a certificate from CIEH accredited body. The price of this is included in the course cost.
Food Safety & Nutrition