Health & Safety in the Workplace - HABC Level 2
This qualification is designed to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
- Legislation and responsibilities
- The benefits of good health and safety
- Risk assessment
- The main risks and hazards to carers and their clients
- Common causes of accidents
- Emergency procedures and the importance of recording accidents
- Hazards and controls in respect of occupational health and safety
- Reducing health and safety risks
Methods of Delivery
This course contains both practical and theoretical elements, so participation is shared between the trainer and the delegates.
- Learning Objectives
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- To become aware of the issues affecting health and safety, including the legislation governing it
- To increase understanding of the delegate's role in ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to
Anyone who is working within services regulated by CQC.
Delegates should consult their workplace's Health & Safety Officer to be briefed on any issues specific to their workplace, which they require guidance on.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate from the HABC accredited body.