Health & Safety at Work
This course is designed to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
- Legislation and responsibilities
- Risk assessment
- The main risks and hazards to carers and their clients
- The importance of following safe systems of work, procedures and rules
- Hazards and controls in respect of occupational health and safety
- Reducing health and safety risks
Methods of Delivery
This course contains both practical and theoretical elements, so participation is shared between the trainer and the delegates. Course handouts are used to reference, there is also a PowerPoint presentation, flip chart work, group exercises, displays and demonstrations.
- Learning Objectives
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- To become aware of the issues affecting health and safety, including the legislation governing it
- To increase understanding of the delegate's role in ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to
Anyone who is working within services regulated by CQC.
Delegates should consult their workplace's Health & Safety Officer to be briefed on any issues specific to their workplace, which they require guidance on.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.