Mental Health Awareness
Duration 1 day
Central Training's one day Mental Health Awareness course provides an introduction to understanding mental health conditions. Our specialist Mental Health trainer provides an overview of the main types of mental health conditions and looks at some of the basic interventions used in working with people experiencing mental distress.
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- How are mental health conditions diagnosed?
- What are the pros and cons of diagnosis?
- What are the causes of mental distress?
- Signs and symptoms of common conditions: anxiety, depression, OCD
- Signs and symptoms of severe conditions: bipolar disorders and psychosis
- What is a personality disorder?
- How are mental health conditions treated?
- What can people do to help themselves?
- Where to go for further information and support?
Methods of Delivery
The training is delivered in a manner designed to both engage and inform delegates using a range of different learning methods including trainer presentation, power point presentation, large group discussion and small group work, quizzes and case studies along with references, further reading and resources information.
- Learning Objectives
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- To describe how mental health problems are assessed, classified and diagnosed
- To identify the signs, symptoms, causes and treatment options for the range of mental health conditions
- To challenge common assumptions and prejudices associated with mental health
This is a beginner's course to understanding mental health problems. Anyone wishing or needing to gain a basic overview in this area can attend.
Delegates should provide details of their work role, client group and previous knowledge and experience of mental health to Central Training at the booking stage.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.