Duration 1 day
This course is designed to improve and refine workers' written communication with internal and external recipients across the most commonly used forms. In addition to technical competency through correct grammar and punctuation use, the course also considers aspects of writing style including use of plain English to aid clarity, presentation and layout, and legal compliance.
- Writing styles including use of plain English
- Forms of written communication and their appropriate use linked to purpose
- Professional grammar and punctuation use
- Confidentiality and data protection
Methods of Delivery
The day will involve some trainer presentations, but there will be a range of participative exercises, including paired and group work and writing practice.
- Learning Objectives
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Consider a range of writing styles
- Review and evaluate the most common forms of written communication
- Identify the do's and don'ts for professional written communication
Those wishing to improve their skills in written communication to produce effective correspondence with internal and external recipients.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
Report Writing & Record Keeping