By the end of the course learners should be able to
- appreciate what constitutes abuse and neglect and who may be considered to be an adult at risk
- understand the key features of the Care Act and the changes this makes to our approach to safeguarding
- appreciate how to involve the person who has been/may have been abused in the safeguarding process (Making Safeguarding Personal)
- consider their team culture/management and what makes it effective in relation to safeguarding
- know what to do if concerns are raised and the responsibilities to raise alerts
- understand the safeguarding process as outlined in the Pan London Guidelines
This course is suitable for staff who may need to respond to concerns raised by others.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.