Modern Slavery ½ day day AM
Duration ½ day
Delegates will have an awareness of Modern Day Slavery/Trafficking, which involves the exploitation of people/children who are coerced, deceived, forced into, or expected to accept a life of abuse, servitude or inhumane and degrading treatment.
- To understand the different forms of Modern Day Slavery under the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015
- To understand the Government Strategy and legal framework for the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015
- To understand how victims become involved in slavery & the involvement of the trafficker (perpetrator).
- To identify locations and signs/risk indicators that indicate modern slavery
- To explore health risks and work with victims of modern slavery
- To explain the referral process, Duty to Notify and available resources
Methods of Delivery
This course will be delivered via a variety of methods, including PowerPoint presentations, DVDs, casework, quizzes, group work and discussion.
- Learning Objectives
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Understand the different forms of modern slavery
- Understand legal overview of the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015
- To learn the different triggers of why victims become involved - economic, social, political, legal, religious
- To explore where victims of modern slavery could be located (takeaways, hotels, care homes, brothels, factories, farms, etc.) and learn how a victim may present through signs and indicators
- To use imagination and empathy to explore experiences of victims and how to respond as professionals
- To learn where to signpost
- Explore real case studies
This course is suitable for everyone in both the public and private sectors: in particular, those in the NHS, police, voluntary sectors, social care, HR and housing departments.
Delegates should research a Modern Slavery case that has gone through the criminal justice system in their local area.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Child Sexual Exploitation
Female Genital Mutilation
Honour-Based Abuse and Forced Marriage