By the end of the course, delegates will
- have consolidated learning and signing skills from the Makaton Foundation course
- have learnt the signs and symbols from Stages 5 - 8 of the Makaton Core Vocabulary
- have developed skills in reading back signs from people with different signing skills
- have practised interpreting meaning from written information and translating into signs and symbols
- understand the different components of sign production and have practised analysing signs.
- be able to adapt your own communication to suit the needs of the adults/children you support
- have considered how to develop individuals' skills and confidence in using Makaton.
Any one that works with adults or children with communication difficulties
Delegates must have completed the Makaton Foundation course
The delegates will receive a certificate accredited by the Makaton Society upon completion of the course.