| Voids & Maintenance Officer
Admin | London WC1X |£12.19 per hour | 3-4 months | Job Ref: BD6118 | Posted: 08/06/2018
Central is currently recruiting for two Voids and Maintenance Officers, to work based in the Kings Cross area. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Housing Services Team, delivering centralised programme of void maintenance support to accommodation services.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. Cover is required for 3 months.
In this position, you will achieve void performance standards and reduce financial impact of income loss through void loss by effectively coordinating and communicating with internal and external partners. You will ensure works are carried out within agreed timescales, to appropriate quality, maintaining compliance with health and safety requirements.
You will generate repair orders, allocate job to approved suppliers achieving best value for money and ensure any risk assessments required are provided ahead of the works commencing. You will also ensure that progress is recorded and services are updated to ensure units can be re-let without delay.
To apply for this role, you must have experience of:
- Understanding of working to achieve value for money, reduce wastage through ineffective reporting and management of repairs, and void loss through delay in repair completion.
- Excellent communication skills, to facilitate effective liaison with internal and external partners, including promulgating clear, concise and effective specifications, prompt processing of any issues or concerns
- Ability to work flexibly as part of the team, to ensure effective service provision, and achievement of performance targets.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload, working to meet deadlines
- Understanding of the support needs experienced by clients, and confidence to communicate effectively, including managing dissatisfaction
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible.