| Support Officer (london B)
Young People | SE14 |£10.77 per hour | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD6273 | Posted: 01/10/2018
Central is currently recruiting for a FEMALE Support Officer to work in the New Cross area. The service provides support across two supported accommodations, with the aim of enhancing clients life skills to move on to independent living.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday. Shifts times include earlies (8AM-4PM), mids (10AM-6PM) and lates (12PM-8PM). Working on this rota is essential and the appointed candidate would be required to work 1 weekend every month. Cover is required for 3 months. The pay rate for this role is £10.77 per hour.
In this position, you will:
- Work on a rota basis, including out of office hours where necessary
- Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Support customers to develop the skills to live independently and access training, education and work.
- Ensure customers are informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service and are enabled and empowered to get involved in the running of the service through consultation and participation
- Liaise closely with the Housing Management Team to identify problems with Housing Benefit payments, review rent collection and address other tenancy-related matters
To apply for this role, you should have:
- Experience working with young people and undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working with a clear outcome focus
- A willingness to travel across the area to support young people across two services
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
- The ability to contribute to effective team working
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing including the preparation of letters reports & file notes
- IT skills including use of Microsoft packages such as Word
Candidates must confirm their interest by 21st September, with interviews scheduled for the following week and the appointed candidate will ideally start 1st October.
If you think you are well suited to this position, please respond to this email and suitable candidates can then be provided with further information
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: