| Advice And Support Officer 2
Young People | CRO |£9.88 per hour | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD6292 | Posted: 11/10/2018
Central is currently recruiting for an Advice and Support Officer to work in the Croydon area. In this position you will be supporting homeless young people in supported lodging environments.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday. The main shift pattern is 9AM-5PM, however you will also be required to work one late shift a week (1PM-9PM) and one weekend in six. Cover is required for 1 month with the possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £9.88 per hour.
The supported lodgings scheme involves young people living in established homes with established families. In this position, you will provide support to young people aged 16 - 21, both over the phone is in person. You will inspire and guide young people through 1-2-1 and group working to improve their life skills, self-management, self-confidence and wellbeing.
You will work provide person-centred support, developing and maintaining support plans. You will also provide advice on tenancy sustainment and support the service user in benefit applications.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 12 months' experience supporting young people with complex needs and a good understanding of the needs and challenges faced by young and homeless people
- Housing Management in a supported housing environment
- Proven background in motivating and inspiring others to reach their goals in life and developing high quality, person centred support plans
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance, specifically the Children's Act, Anti-Social Behaviour legislation and Housing legislation
- Know how to build empathy & trust, whilst maintaining professional boundaries and codes of conduct
- Experience of multi-agency working, managing challenging behaviour and knowledge of safeguarding procedures relating to young people
The appointed candidate must have a fully enhanced DBS and be able to start immediately.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: