| Support Assistant (london A)
Mental Health | NW5 |£9.49 per hour | Permanent | Job Ref: BD6330 | Posted: 05/11/2018
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Support Assistant to work in a residential/rehabilitation service for clients with mental health needs in Kentish Town.
The service is CQC registered and provides a holistic, multidisciplinary approach with care and support staff working alongside in-house NHS clinicians, to help customers regain their independent living skills.
The successful candidate must be available to work full-time, covering 37.5 hours per week from Monday - Sunday on a rota basis ( 8AM-4PM, 10AM-6PM, 1PM-9PM) and will receive a salary of £18,500 per annum.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults in a paid or voluntary capacity
- The desire to provide high quality person-centred mental and physical health care, and a drive to understand and support the needs of vulnerable adults.
- Previous experience of preparing care plans
- Support staff will provide personal care to customers, so experience and training with providing personal care including bathing, prompting and managing personal care with clients with high support needs is required, alongside administering medication.
- Experience of diffusing and de-escalating challenging behaviours should they be presented.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written skills
As a support assistant, you will be responsible for the day to day support of the customers whilst building and maintaining relationships with families. The post holder will have the ability to grow and develop within a flexible staff team to ensure delivery of the required outcomes for this service.
In return, you will be offered:
Competitive rates of pay
Fantastic induction, training, and ongoing support to grow your knowledge within the care industry
Opportunities to progress your career
Interviews for this role are scheduled to take place in the week commencing 19th November 2018, with the successful candidate due to start in January 2019, following DBS and compliance checks.