| Support Assistant
Young People | London SE23 |£9.75 per hour | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD6632 | Posted: 31/05/2019
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Assistants to work in the Lewisham area, at a Young Peoples Accommodation Service which provides supported accommodation for young people between 16 - 21 years old.
You will form a pivotal position with the services daily operational activities, and will be the point of coordination for daily events encompassing support and housing management, working under the direction of the Service Managers.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure reception is covered and that details of emerging tasks are circulated
- Oversee the booking/use of the activity spaces by external agencies and other internal departments
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the daily activities programme
- Produce in advance weekly promotional materials to maximise update of activities
- Establish and maintain logging and filing systems
- Accurately record information including recording all contacts with clients
- Promote life skills activities to clients and encourage involvement in internal and community activities
The successful candidates will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday covering either (8AM - 4PM), (9AM - 5PM) or (10AM - 6PM). Cover is required for 1-2 months. The pay rate for this role is £9.75 per hour.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- Demonstrable experience of working successfully with vulnerable young people
- A good awareness of the possible issues and challenges you might face when working with young people
- A level of numeracy sufficient to carry out tasks such as budgeting with clients
- The ability to be self motivating, work under pressure and manage your time effectively
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled for the week commencing 10th March 2019
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: