Professional Boundaries & Good Practice
Duration 1 day
This one-day course aims to provide delegates with an opportunity to explore their understanding of 'boundaries' from a professional, social and cultural perspective.
The course has been designed to identify 'good practice' and the ways in which boundaries can be established and maintained to protect both the worker and customer.
- Boundaries and good practice
- Good practice and the potential consequences of poor practice
- Conduct at work and the professional relationship
- Recording, confidentiality and self-disclosure
- The value of supervision and team/multi-agency work
Methods of Delivery
Delegates are provided with course handouts for use on the day and for future reference. The trainer uses a variety of PowerPoint presentation, flipchart work, plenary discussion and subgroup work to ensure that all course objectives are met, while providing a safe, open forum for delegates to exchange views and practices.
- Learning Objectives
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- An understanding of what is meant by good practice and professionalism and how this applies in the support setting
- An exploration of the meaning and purpose of boundaries
- Knowledge and understanding of what it means to work within relevant codes of conduct and ethics
- An understanding of key responsibilities under safeguarding and whistle blowing and confidentiality procedures
- An exploration of the complex issues surrounding the personal disclosure and client-worker relationship
- To understand the risk management process
- To understand what is meant by positive risk and understand how to manage this effectively
- To explore different approaches to risk management
Both new and experienced support staff who will benefit from an opportunity to define and reflect on fundamental principles of professional boundaries and good practice.
Delegates should familiarise themselves with their organisation's whistleblowing, safeguarding, confidentiality and staff code of conduct policy documents.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
Report Writing & Record Keeping