By the end of the course, delegates will be able to
- Explain what is the Person Centred Active Support model
- Describe what constitutes a meaningful activity
- Describe the impact that non-involvement in such activities can have on the individual
- State the 4 key principles of Person Centred Active Support and explain what each means in practice
- Demonstrate Active Support skills
- Have an action plan for transferring the learning to the workplace
Anyone who supports adults with learning disabilities.
Ability to consider new ways of working and willingness to apply the skills learnt in the workplace.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.