By the end of the training delegates will be able to
- Define use and misuse of substances
- Distinguish between different patterns, levels of use and the risks associated with these
- Gain knowledge of the law governing the possession and supply of controlled substances
- Gain knowledge of the most commonly used substances including appearance, use, short- and long-term effects
- Understand the relationship between substance misuse and mental health
- Knowledge of the range of treatment options available for substance misuse problems
- Gain a basic understanding of best practice in engaging clients to think about and discuss their use of substances
Anyone who's work brings them into contact with service users who use substances.
Attendees should be aware of their own organisational procedures and policies.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.