Updated for The Care Act 2014 - Central eLearning’s Safeguarding Adults course has been developed in partnership with the London Borough of Islington’s Safeguarding team, is comprehensively used by a number of charities and housing associations in and around London and incorporates ‘Adults at Risk – London Multi Agency Policy and procedures’.
The course will help you to understand your role and responsibilities in safeguarding adults at risk, and will provide you with comprehensive information on the different types and indicators of abuse. It will also develop your knowledge and confidence in responding to and reporting abuse, including the procedures involved in investigating an allegation of abuse.
By the end of the Safeguarding Adults course you will:
- Understand the key documents and Acts that are relevant to safeguarding adults
- Understand the definition of an adult at risk and abuse
- Know the different types of abuse and recognise their signs and symptoms
- Understand the circumstances in which abuse is likely to take place
- Know your responsibilities in reporting abuse and the legal aspects of your role as a worker
- Know how to manage a disclosure of abuse and how to report responsibly
Central’s eLearning courses offer a wealth of relevant information, delivered using interactive graphics, reflective practice exercises, multimedia case studies and quizzes.
Our courses are certificated upon achieving 80% or more in the end of course multi-choice assessment.
Multi licence options: We have discounts available for bulk purchases with free use of our Learning Management System for larger orders. Please contact us for more information.
Individual licences: £20.00(+VAT) for a month's access.