Safe handling of medicines is an extremely important aspect of health and social care work and involves sourcing, storing, administering, recording and disposing of medicines. Drug forms and functions are varied and complex, although legislation and guidance in the form of the 8 principles support professionals to work in a safe and standard way.
Central eLearning’s Medication Awareness course has been designed to give you a broad understanding of; the different drug groups, their effects and side effects, medication management and the legislation, policies and procedures related to this area of your work.
By the end of the Medication Awareness course, you will:
- Know how drugs work, the different forms of medication and the routes of administration
- Understand the system of naming and grouping medicines
- Understand their effects, side effects and interactions
- Understand the 8 Principles of handling medication
- Understand best practice in the management and administration of medication
- Understand the importance of choice, consent and mental capacity
- Understand the legal and procedural framework related to the management of medication
Central’s eLearning courses offer a wealth of relevant information, delivered using interactive graphics, reflective practice exercises, multimedia case studies and quizzes.
Our courses are certificated upon achieving 80% or more in the end of course multi-choice assessment.
Multi licence options: We have discounts available for bulk purchases with free use of our Learning Management System for larger orders. Please contact us for more information.
Individual licences: £20.00(+VAT) for a month's access.