Preventing and controlling infection is a continuous challenge for us all and requires knowledge and tools to ensure we protect ourselves and those we come into contact with.
It is particularly challenging for individuals providing care and support due to their work settings, exposure to infectious hazards and frequency of person-to-person contact.
This practitioner-level course draws on the research and guidance from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), Royal College of Nursing and the Department of Health.
By the end of the Infection Control course, you will:
- Be aware of the high-risk environments and groups for infection control
- Be aware of the burden of infection on individuals and health systems
- Understand employers’ legal requirements for infection control
- Be familiar with infection types and the terminology used
- Be able to identify the links in the chain of infection: source, transmission and host
- Be equipped to prevent and control infection at work by following the standard precautions
- Know how to manage waste and handle and decontaminate laundry
Central’s eLearning courses offer a wealth of relevant information, delivered using interactive graphics, reflective practice exercises, multimedia case studies and quizzes.
Our courses are certificated upon achieving 80% or more in the end of course multi-choice assessment.
Multi licence options: We have discounts available for bulk purchases with free use of our Learning Management System for larger orders. Please contact us for more information.
Individual licences: £20.00(+VAT) for a month's access.