Challenging behaviour can be an everyday occurrence in the health and social care sector, impacting on service users, workers and others.
As workers, we have a duty of care towards service users and are required to; communicate effectively, promote independence, prevent harm, protect dignity and respect and manage our own safety and that of others. Managing challenging behaviour is integral in this process.
We have designed this eLearning course to ensure you understand the varied forms of challenging behaviour, you are aware of the prevention and intervention strategies you can use to respond effectively to challenging situations and are familiar with contemporary legislation, welfare and duty of care considerations.
By the end of the challenging behaviour course you will:
- Be able to define what is meant by challenging behaviour
- Understand the causes of and triggers for challenging behaviour
- Understand the functions that challenging behaviour serves
- Have a range of strategies and tools for responding effectively to challenging incidents, including after care
- Be aware of the legislation, welfare and duty of care considerations
Central’s eLearning courses offer a wealth of relevant information, delivered using interactive graphics, reflective practice exercises, multimedia case studies and quizzes.
Our courses are certificated upon achieving 80% or more in the end of course multi-choice assessment.
Multi licence options: We have discounts available for bulk purchases with free use of our Learning Management System for larger orders. Please contact us for more information.
Individual licences: £20.00(+VAT) for a month's access.