Introduction to Mental Health
Central eLearning’s Introduction to Mental Health course will provide you with a contextual overview of mental health in relation to overall health and wellbeing and describe the role positive mental health promotion plays in preventing and treating mental ill-health.
We also look at the most common types of mental disorder and reflect on their causes, signs and symptoms, some of the treatments available and where to go to for support in managing mental health.
Central eLearning’s Introduction to Mental Health course provides you with a number of different learning resources to increase your understanding of the following:
- The definitions and models of mental health and the main risk and protective factors
- The seven most common types of mental disorder, their causes, signs and symptoms
- The role positive mental health promotion plays as a means to prevent and treat mental ill-health
- Available treatment options and where to go to for further information and support
- What the government is doing and what social care professionals can do
Central’s eLearning courses offer a wealth of relevant information, delivered using interactive graphics, reflective practice exercises, multimedia case studies and quizzes.
Our courses are certificated upon achieving 80% or more in the end of course multi-choice assessment.
Multi licence options: We have discounts available for bulk purchases with free use of our Learning Management System for larger orders. Please contact us for more information.
Individual licences: £20.00(+VAT) for a month's access.