Emergency First Aid at Work
Duration: 1 day
This non-accredited course provides the basic first aid skills necessary to support a casualty in an emergency. It qualifies participants, as First Aiders and certificates remain valid for three years with annual updates recommended.
This course is designed to enable delegates to:
· Assess situation and casualty
· Give appropriate care and first aid for conscious or unconscious casualties
· Treat bleeding, burns, shock and other medical conditions
· Treat minor injuries
· Practise first aid skills
Methods of delivery:
The trainer will use a variety of visual and practical materials and exercises.
This is a participatory course, and the delegates' knowledge and experience are welcome. You will receive a booklet and guidance notes to consolidate your learning.
· The role of the first aider
· First aid kits: contents and use
· First Aid for conscious and unconscious casualties
· Recovery position, CPR & the use of Automated External Defibrillator
· Choking, bleeding, shock, minor injuries, and other medical conditions
· Legislation and guidelines for recording incidents and accidents
Anyone designated an appointed person or in a role requiring this level of first aid cover. It can also be used to update previous certification.
Delegates must inform of any injury, illness, physical impairment or pregnancy due to the mandatory practical elements of the course. Loose and comfortable clothing is advised for safety and comfort.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Emergency First Aid at Work (3 days)
Level 3 Accredited Emergency First Aid at Work
Health and Safety in the Workplace
IOSH Individuals who work within the care sector, volunteers, trainees and candidates for Level 2 Care.