Person-Centred Support Planning
Duration 1 Day
This course provides an opportunity for participants to explore how to develop person-centred support plans.
- What is a person-centred support plan - its basic components
- The support planning
- A practical approach to planning
- Recording, monitoring, evaluation and formal reviews of progress
Methods of Delivery
Training methods used on this course include warm-up exercises, tutor presentation using visual and interactive resources, small group work and whole group discussion.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- To develop an understanding of the historical perspectives of learning disabilities and philosophies that can break the myths.
- To understand the purpose of a person-centred support plan, its components and the design skills required to develop a plan
- To ensure that participants are able to apply their knowledge and skills according to the policies and procedures of their organisation and in relation to Care Act 2014.
Staff involved in developing and or working with person centred plans.
Delegates can prepare for this course by reviewing the following resources:
· www.paradigm-uk.org (great website with lots of articles, reports, recommended books etc. - learning disability focus)
· www.helensandersonassociates.co.uk (provides information on person centred tools and free downloads)
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity