By the end of the course delegates will be aware of
- Care staff's legal responsibilities and the importance of risk assessments
- Safe back positions
- Techniques of client transfers
- Transfer aids and how it feels to be moved using them
- How to hoist safely
- Importance of communication with the client when transferring
- Importance of maintaining client dignity
Anyone who needs to update their Moving & Handling certificate.
Delegates must inform of any injury, illness, physical impairment or pregnancy due to the mandatory practical elements of the course. Loose, comfortable and non-revealing clothing is advised for safety, comfort and preservation of dignity.
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.