Supporting & Engaging Young People
This one-day course aims to encourage delegates to identify and practice the key skills used when communicating with young people.
The course is designed to increase awareness of current childcare legislation, reflect on good practice and look at how to effectively engage with young people.
- Communication skills for young people
- How to engage with young people
- Understanding and managing both the employee's and young person's emotions
- Presentation of self and skills in body language
- Working in small groups and pairs, delegates will improve their mentoring skills
Methods of Delivery
Delegates are provided with learner notes to review before the course and for future reference The trainer uses a variety of PowerPoint presentation, flipchart work, plenary discussion and subgroup work to ensure that all course objectives are met, while providing a safe, open forum for delegates to exchange views and practices.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Understand the common issues facing young people in support services, including family relationships, sexual exploitation and mental health (diagnosed and undiagnosed)
- Ability to identify strategies to increase levels of engagement and involvement of young people
- Understand the impact of transition from childhood to adulthood
- Understand the impact of issues such as violence, weapons and gangs on young people
Anyone working with young people.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
Young People's Substance Misuse
Challenging Behaviour in Young People