Needs Assessment & Support Planning
Duration 1 day
This one-day course is designed to introduce staff to the concepts of needs assessment and support planning and to develop their skills regarding the setting of SMART objectives. As such it will be of use to staff new to these processes but also to those wishing to hone their skills in this area.
- Review of keywork role
- Pre-support planning days
- Meeting needs holistically
- Support planning - the 5 stage model
- The cycle of change
Methods of Delivery
This course requires full delegate participation to maximise the intra-group learning, to support direction from the trainer. A range of methods are employed to maintain delegate engagement such as PowerPoint presentation, reference material, group work, flip chart work, subgroup work and group discussions.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Understand the need for needs assessment and support planning
- Recognise what confidentiality means within the processes
- Identify the common areas for needs assessment
- Understand the need for customers to be central to the assessment and planning processes
- Identify ways of involving customers in the process
- Understand SMART objectives and apply these to support planning; and understand the needs for, and the process involved in the review of support plans
Anyone involved at any level in the support planning process for their organisation.
Delegates should read up on their organisation's policy and procedures, and also provide Central Training with information on the clients groups with which they work.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
Report Writing & Record Keeping