Emergency First Aid at Work - Refresher
Duration ½ day
This half-day course is a mandatory requirement within social care. The course has been designed to provide delegates with an update of the theory relating to first aid and a review of the practical skills necessary to be able to respond appropriately in an emergency.
- To Refresher delegates on the role of the first-aider including reference to:
o The need for recording incidents and accidents
o Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
Methods of Delivery
Delegates will be encouraged to demonstrate their existing level of knowledge in the subject throughout the session, and will have an opportunity to role-play and practice the various first aid techniques. A course handout will be issued to delegates to guide the learning and for future reference.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Gain an understanding of accident reporting
- Receive practical training on how to assist a casualty in the event of an emergency
- Be shown an assessment of a casualty
- Learn to deal with an unconscious casualty
- Learn to administer CPR
- Develop an understanding of the treatment of minor injuries
Anyone designated as an appointed person who needs refreshment on the key learning outcomes of Emergency First Aid at Work.
Delegates must inform of any injury, illness, physical impairment or pregnancy due to the mandatory practical elements of the course. Loose, comfortable and non-revealing clothing is advised for safety, comfort and preservation of dignity.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Emergency First Aid at Work
Health & Safety