Customer Care & Engagement
This one-day course aims to provide delegates with an understanding of the principles of customer care and how these can be applied in practice. This course is aimed at anyone whose work brings them into contact with service users / customers, or anyone charged with ensuring best practice is employed in a service.
- Look at the principles of customer care and how these can be applied in practice
- The meaning, purpose and challenges of professional boundaries
- Review of communication skills and how these are used to engage with customers
- Using basic motivational skills to deal with resistance to engagement and change
Methods of Delivery
The trainer uses a variety of PowerPoint presentation, flipchart work, group discussion and small group work to ensure that all the course objectives are met, while providing a safe, open forum for delegates to exchange views and practices.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Identify the basic principles of customer care and how these are applied in practice
- Describe the meaning and purpose of professional boundaries
- Identify basic ground rules for maintaining boundaries in a safe and effective way
- Describe a range of communication skills with which to engage customers
- Identify some of the challenges for customers and staff when working with resistance and motivation to change
- Describe some basic skills for responding positively to change resistant customers
- Identify some of the challenges to effective customer care and how these may be approached in a positive way
Anyone whose work brings them into contact with service users / customers, or anyone charged with ensuring best practice is employed in a service.
Delegates should be aware of their organisational procedures and policies.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Boundaries & Good Practice
Equality & Diversity