Loss & Bereavement
This course is aimed to equip delegates with the subject awareness and soft skills to help their service users or customers cope with loss and bereavement.
- Our own experiences of loss and bereavement
- Policy, procedures and best practice
- 5-stage grieving process
- Emotions associated with grieving
- Assessment and support-giving
- Skills involved: communication; listening; sympathy; empathy
- Breaking the news
- Dealing with loss
- Cultural variations on loss and bereavement
Methods of Delivery
This course requires full delegate participation to maximise the intra-group learning, to support direction from the trainer. A range of methods are employed to maintain delegate engagement such as PowerPoint presentation, reference material, group work, flipchart work, subgroup work and group discussions.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Identify the effects of bereavement on individuals
- Explain principles of supporting individuals who are bereaved
- Recognise and support individuals who may need to express their response to loss
- Describe how to support individuals who are bereaved
- Identify the role of specialist agencies in supporting individuals who are bereaved
- Recognise how to manage own feelings when providing support for individuals who are bereaved
Anyone who supports those likely to encounter loss and bereavement, or who themselves support those near end of life.
Delegates should complete the requested pre-course questionnaire.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
End of Life Care