Food Safety & Nutrition
Duration 1 day
The course combines the related courses of Food Safety in Catering and Nutrition so delegates are better equipped to choose healthier food, handle and store it safely and cater for special dietary needs.
- Food Safety
- Introduction to food safety
- Food safety hazards, bacteria and food poisoning
- Temperature control, cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handlers, personal hygiene
- Safe food storage practices
- Cleaning, pest control
- Nutrition principles and terminology
- Nutrients and their functions
- Requirements of a balanced diet
- Allergies and food intolerances
- Nutritional requirements of different groups
- Promoting healthy eating
Methods of Delivery
Delegates will be provided with electronic learner notes in advance to enable them to preview and review the course. On the day, trainer presentation, visuals and group exercises will help embed the learning.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Be aware of current legislation and responsibilities
- Understand cross contamination and ways to prevent it
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene
- Understand the requirements and benefits of a balanced diet
- Identify differing needs, allergies and food intolerances
- Understand the impact of food processing and manufacturing on nutrition
Those responsible for food purchase, preparation or storage.
Delegates should consider the food preparation requirements of their workplace and the dietary needs of their customers.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Food Safety in Catering