Duration 1/2 day
This course has been designed to reinforce workplace policies and practices in fire prevention and evacuation procedures. Delegates will be made aware of their responsibilities under health and safety legislation together with practical information on basic fire fighting. Refreshment of this qualification is recommended annually.
- Relevant legislation
- Dangers from fire
- Combustion, the fire triangle and breaking the chain
- Employee responsibilities
- Fire fighting equipment
- Workplace-specific training
- Hazardous materials
- Group work
Methods of Delivery
The trainer meets the
Learning Outcomes through instruction accompanied by course notes and illustrations display. Delegates are encouraged to share their expertise, particularly those with previous training in this subject.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Delegates will be made aware of the importance of safe working practice
- Delegates will gain knowledge of their company's evacuation policy
- To understand the importance of fire risk assessments and their responsibility in complying with them
- To understand the causes of fire and the ways to prevent them
- To be able to use available fire fighting equipment correctly
- To identify safety signs and symbols in the workplace
- To recognise hazards in the workplace and their responsibility for reporting
Anyone who requires this mandatory certificate. It can also be used to update a previous certification.
Delegates should familiarise themselves with the fire safety procedures of their workplace.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Health & Safety