Hoarding Disorder Awareness Workshop
Duration ½ day
Hoarding Disorder Awareness Workshop is designed to be an educational, interactive and empowering workshop that works to positively impact participants' active client work and improve outcomes for people who hoard as well as the professionals and others who engage with them. This half-day course encourages attendees to learn and utilise skills that will generate functional working models which can be improved upon and adapted to their own practice.
- Understanding hoarding disorder
- Risk/Risk Assessment/Legislation
- Positive engagement/Techniques
- Case study work (throughout)
Methods of Delivery
A PowerPoint presentation works as a prompt to explore live case work and how that interfaces with theory. Exercises are used to launch discussion about participant's on-going work. Video examples provided.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Understand hoarding disorder
- Explore risk/risk assessment
- Look at current legislation
- Be taught interventions which have shown to improve outcomes
This awareness course is for the delegates who work in an environment where there is a possibility of getting into contact with people who hoard.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Hoarding Disorder: Choice & Control