By the end of this ½ day course attendees should be able to
- Define what is meant by suicidal behaviour
- Identify some of the common risk factors for suicide
- Identify some possible warning signs of suicidal distress
- Describe the basic elements of a suicide risk assessment
- Identify a simple plan of action for the safe and supportive management of a suicidal person
- Identify the possible support needs of those affected by suicide
Frontline staff and managers who come into contact with clients who are at risk of or who have a history of suicidal behaviour and want to develop a better understanding of it.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.