Chairing Meetings Confidently NEW COURSE!
Duration 1 day
This training course will support delegates in chairing meetings more confidently, so that they are well structured and organised, focused, time managed and have clear outcomes.
- Purpose of meetings
- Different types of meeting
- Preparing for meetings
- Importance of having a clear purpose
- Role of chairperson and minute taker
- Working in partnership with the minute taker
- Preparing the agenda
- Deciding on the type of minutes needed
- Managing the flow of the meeting
- Keeping conversation focussed
- Understanding group dynamics and handling difficulties during the meeting
- Ensuring there are clear outcomes and actions
Methods of Delivery
This course includes some trainer presentations but is mainly interactive. Methods include: small and large group work and discussion, paired work, quiz, word-storming, chairing meetings practice and feedback, individual reflection, action planning.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
In this course you will learn
- To identify how to prepare for meetings so that they are well structured and the purpose is clear
- Ways to work effectively with the minute taker
- How to ensure each agenda item is introduced and dealt with effectively
- A range of skills to structure discussion, encourage participation and keep to time
- To identify what can go wrong in meetings and ideas for what to do to ensure participants focus on the task
- Ensure actions agreed at the meeting are clear and more likely to be carried out
Staff who are responsible for chairing meetings.
Delegates are encouraged to think about questions of examples related to their previous experience in chairing meetings, if any.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.