Introductory Certificate in Food Safety - CIEH Level 1
Duration 1/2 day
The course will help you develop knowledge of the importance of good food preparation; training and cooking practices such as keeping yourself and your work area clean and hygienic, and how food becomes contaminated and steps to reduce this. You will also learn about how foodborne, pest and physical contamination pose serious health risks and the controls required to reduce the risks.
- Introduces the concept of safe food
- Improves food preparation and handling knowledge
- Starter point for further study as a food handler
- Introduction to food safety
- Food safety hazards
- Good food safety practice
Methods of Delivery
Learning Outcomes, content, discussion and activity slides for Introduction to food safety, food safety hazards ,Good food safety practice and activity sheets. Delegates will receive 'Food Safety Awareness - A CIEH introductory level guide to food safety' course book on the day.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- The importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic when handling food
- The importance of keeping food free from contamination
· New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge
· Employees working in a catering environment with low-risk or wrapped foods
· Front-of-house employees such as waiting or checkout staff
Food business operators must ensure employees are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene matters in order to guarantee safe food to consumers.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Food Safety in Catering (Level 2)