Stroke Awareness (AM)
Duration 1/2 day
This stroke awareness course is aimed at anyone who is caring for others. This will help them understand and recognise the signs of stroke. This will also teach them what actions to take when a stroke is identified.
- What is a Stroke?
- Anatomy of the brain
- Causes and signs
- Types & effects
- First aid
- Aftercare & support
Methods of Delivery
Delegates will be involved in group work, theory and personal reflections.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Have an awareness of what a stroke is
- Recognise the common signs and symptoms of a stroke and know what action to take
- Be able to identify the different types of stroke and discuss the risk factors
- Understand the importance of emergency response and treatment
- Be able to provide support and discuss various forms of communication
Anyone who is caring for others.
Delegates must inform of any injury, illness, physical impairment or pregnancy due to the practical elements of the course. Loose, comfortable and non-revealing clothing is advised for safety, comfort and preservation of dignity. Trousers are suggested rather than skirts.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
Emergency First Aid
Basic Life Support and Anaphylaxis Management