Supervision & Appraisal Skills
Duration 1 day
This course has been developed for managers who wish to refresh or enhance their skills; those about to move into management; anyone who is currently in a supervisory role. It aims to provide participants with an understanding of the professional working methods connected to staff supervision and conducting appraisals. It equips the attendees with effective feedback techniques and a range of others skills that can be applied in both processes.
- What is supervision
- The elements of supervision
- The functions of supervision for staff, service users and organisations
- Appraisal theory
- Different types of appraisal
- Giving and receiving appraisal assertively
- Links between appraisal and supervision
- Equal opportunities and appraisal
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- To understand the theory of supervision and appraisal, and have a clear model of practice
- To be able to use a range of skills that could be applied in supervision and appraisal
- To have considered, discussed and understood the importance of effective feedback skills when conducting performance appraisals
- To recognise the difference between a 'good' and a 'bad' appraisal meetings
- To understand the ethical and good practice issues that relate to these processes
Managers who wish to refresh or enhance their skills; those about to move into management; anyone who is currently in a supervisory role.
Delegates should familiarise themselves with their current employer's practices around supervision and any templates used for conducting appraisals.
The delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
Delegation & Time Management Managers who wish to refresh or enhance their skills; those about to move into management; anyone who is currently in a supervisory role.