Health, Wellbeing & Housing: Links, Impacts & Actions
Duration 1 day
This course aims to introduce delegates to the impact that housing conditions can have on health and wellbeing. It will look at how particular groups in communities are affected and will review a range of measures that can be implemented to improve wellbeing. It will also look at national policy and initiatives around health and housing.
- Describe the link between housing, health, and wellbeing
- Explain how housing providers can contribute to wellbeing & health outcomes
- Identify National policy around health and housing
- Consider actions to improve the health and wellbeing of service users
- Access further information about health and housing
Methods of Delivery
The trainer will use a variety of delivery methods such as tutor presentation; group discussion, quizzes, working in pairs and small groups, short videos.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Housing conditions and their impact on health and wellbeing
- Improving wellbeing outcomes: tools for housing providers and frontline staff
- National health and housing policy and initiatives
- Further sources of information and support
Frontline staff and managers working in health and social care and supported housing.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
ESA and PIP: A Comprehensive Approach to Claiming Benefits
Housing Management & Law