Complaints Handling - Managing & Responding
Duration 1 day
The course equips delegates with the crucial skills and confidence to improve their handling of complaints with the aim of reaching practical solutions that increase customer retention and loyalty as well as maintaining a good reputation for the organisation.
This course aims to equip delegates with the skills to: Recognise and understand what a complaint is Understand why complaints are important to organisations Identify some of the barriers to complaints and how to support complainants Know how and when to report, record, and respond to complaints Handle customer complaints and expressions of dissatisfaction effectively Know ways to resolve typical work-based complaints
Methods of Delivery
The trainer uses a variety of methods, including PowerPoint presentation, discussion, simulation, paired and group work, quiz and action planning.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Key skills and qualities for handling complaints
- Being pro-active and remaining assertive when under pressure
- Establishing customer needs and managing personal response
- Being clear on the authority/power staff have
- Agreeing an appropriate course of action and achieving win-win outcomes
- Escalating complaints, recording, and reporting appropriately
This course is suitable for those who are responsible for dealing with customer complaints.
Delegates should familiarise themselves with any organisational policies that may be in place governing issues of managing complaints.
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of this course.
Assertiveness: Building Confidence
Communication-Giving and Receiving Feedback
Customer Service Skills