Personal Safety, Lone Working and Conflict Resolution
Duration 1 Day
Central Training's Conflict Resolution, Personal Safety and Lone Working training is designed to ensure front line workers are aware of the risks associated with lone working and dealing with members of the public. This course teaches delegates how to de-escalate potentially volatile situations and manage their personal safety with foresight and planning.
The course aims to equip delegates with the skills to:
Develop knowledge and confidence in managing challenging situations Understand how gender, race and status might affect an individual's experience of violence Recognise factors that may affect the ability to deal with an aggressive situation Respond to violence and aggression in an appropriate way
Methods of Delivery
This training is highly interactive and employs, group work, presentations and questionnaires. Delegates are provided with comprehensive learner notes to facilitate learning.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Conflict Resolution and Conflict Management strategies
- Personal safety when lone working and the associated risks
- Customer attitude and behaviour
- The universal greeting and how to implement it
- Building rapport with customers
- Risk assessing situations and environments
- De-escalation techniques and the Personal Safety model
- Strategies to employ if de-escalation fails
- Relevant common and criminal law in relation to reasonable force
All front line staff who could potentially come into contact with challenging behaviour or difficult situations.
There are no pre-training requirements for this course.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Challenging Behaviour: Managing and Responding
Positive Behaviour Support