Management & Leadership: An Introduction
Duration 1 day
Central Training's Management & Leadership: An Introduction course aims to prepare delegates for their first management/supervisory role and create confidence in what can be an extremely challenging job. It has been designed to impart the skills and knowledge required to better manage oneself whilst line-managing members of staff or a team. Aimed at first time managers or as a refresher for those already in the role, this course covers the basic skills required in management while providing a framework and structure for assessing their developing skills.
This course aims to provide delegates with the skills to: Understand the difference between management and leadership Evaluate a team's performance and the stages of team development. Utilise the employment contract Consider the use and misuse of power, influence, and authority Promote performance through a variety of methods
Methods of Delivery
This course will use a variety of training methods including: tutor presentation, small group work, questionnaires, reflection and discussion.
- Course Content
- Training Considerations
- Related Courses
- Managers and leaders: skills associated with each role and their difference
- Evaluating team development and performance
- The employment contract and reasonable expectations from staff members
- Power, influence and authority: differences in application and approach
- The performance management cycle and the role of appraisals
- Addressing performance issues: attitude, aptitude, and ability
Anyone new to a management or supervisor's role, and anyone aspiring to such a role.
There are no pre-training requirements for this course.
Upon completion of the course, the delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Coaching & Mentoring for Managers
Supervisory Skills for Team Leaders
Managing and Motivating High-Performing Teams
Managing Appraisals and Effective Supervision