| Advice And Support Officer 2
Young People | SM6 |£9.88 per hour | 3-4 months | Job Ref: BD6144 | Posted: 03/07/2018
Central is currently recruiting for an Advice and Support Officer to work in the Croydon/Sutton area. The service provides supported accommodation to young people aged 16-21, who may have high complex needs including mental health issues, to equip them with the skills to live independently later in life.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Sunday on a rota basis. The main shift patterns include 8AM - 4PM and 9AM-5PM. You will also be required to work one late shift a week (1PM-9PM) and one weekend in eight.
The successful candidate will start on a temporary basis, with a view to becoming permanent. The pay rate for this role is £9.88 per hour.
In this position, you will inspire and guide young people to improve their life skills, self-management, self-confidence and wellbeing. You will work provide person-centred support, developing and maintaining support plans. You will also provide advice on tenancy sustainment and support the service user in benefit applications.
To apply for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Housing Management in a supported housing environment
- Proven background in motivating and inspiring others to reach their goals in life and developing high quality, person centred support plans
- A good understanding of the needs and challenges faced by young and homeless people
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance, specifically the Children's Act, Anti-Social Behaviour legislation and Housing legislation
- Know how to build empathy & trust, whilst maintaining professional boundaries and codes of conduct
- Experience of multi-agency working, managing challenging behaviour and knowledge of safeguarding procedures relating to young people
Candidates must be immediately available and have a fully enhanced DBS, registered on the DBS update service to be considered.
Please confirm your interest by Thursday 5th July.
There is an assessment day scheduled to take place on Friday 6th July and therefore you must be available to attend on this date.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: