18 Years of quality recruitment and training solutions to the Health and social Care sectors
Quality and Standards
Central Recruitment Services is dedicated to the principles of good practice throughout its operations and has a reputation for delivering a high quality service with honesty and integrity.
A good example of our principles is the strategic decision we made to not use umbrella companies or any other schemes, which promise to mitigate tax to boost worker’s pay. While these schemes may be attractive to candidates, they are legally and morally questionable and create barriers to organisations seeking to maximise their long term cost savings through the transfer of workers onto their own locum bank and internal payroll. We feel that the use of Limited Company status for workers working under the supervision and control of our client is inappropriate and a possible tax reduction strategy.
We are a corporate member of the Recruitment & employment Confederation (REC) and fully endorse the REC Code of Professional Practice to ensure that all conduct their businesses ethically, to the highest standards and promote good practice. The REC’s code of professional practice is binding on all members and has 10 principles:
- Principle 1 - Respect for Law
- Principle 2 - Respect for honesty and transparency
- Principle 3 - Respect for work relationships
- Principle 4 - Respect for diversity
- Principle 5 - Respect for safety
- Principle 6 - Respect for professional knowledge
- Principle 7 - Respect for certainty of engagement
- Principle 8 - Respect for prompt and accurate payment
- Principle 9 - Respect for ethical international recruitment
- Principle 10 - Respect for confidentiality and privacy
Central is a registered data controller with The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
As we hold and process information about our clients, employees and suppliers, we are legally obliged to protect that information. Under the Data Protection Act, we:
- only collect information that we need for a specific purpose;
- keep it secure;
- ensure it is relevant and up to date;
- only hold as much as we need, and only for as long as we need it; and
- allow the subject of the information to see it on request
Central Recruitment controls the quality of its candidates through thorough recruitment policies, procedures and practices. Our recruitment standards incorporate the screening of candidates prior to placement and the on-going process of keeping them up to date with industry related best practice through eLearning modules once placed.
Our vetting process incorporates:
- 12 months relevant industry experience
- CV assessment
- 10 year work history
- Full online application form
- References covering five years
- Proof of identity
- Proof of the right to work in Britain
- Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check
Registered workers are supported and developed through free access to Central eLearning’s suite of mandatory courses, with additional access to Central Training’s open courses for service-specific learning and development needs. All registered candidates have on-going access to the following eLearning courses:
- Safeguarding Adults
- Medication Awareness
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
Central is a Disclosure and Barring Service Registered Body approved to process DBS Checks for vetting applicants working with vulnerable adults and children.