| Support Assistant
Mental Health | London W14 |£9.75 per hour | 1-2 months | Job Ref: BD6147 | Posted: 05/07/2018
Central is currently recruiting for a Support Assistant, to work in the Hammersmith and Fulham area. The service provides accommodation to support clients with mental health needs with the aim to increase each individual client's ability to maintain their tenancy and meet occupancy obligations, maximise social inclusion and reduce social isolation.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across [Monday - Sunday rota basis consisting of early, late and sleep-in shifts. Cover is required for 1-2 months. The pay rate for this role is £9.75 per hour.
In this position, you will provide an effective, high quality support service to address the presenting needs of residents, who are men with complex and enduring needs. Working under the direction of the Service Manager/Deputy Manager and case holding Support Workers, you will carry out tasks allocated from across the service's caseload.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- 12 months+ experience in social care working with mental health clients
- A level of numeracy sufficient to carry out tasks such as budgeting with clients, calculating benefit entitlements and understanding rent arrears
- An ability to effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve quality of life for clients.
- The ability to be self motivating, work under pressure and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need.
- An ability to be self-servicing in the use of IT applications and basic keyboard skills to record activities and to send and receive emails.
- The ability to coach someone to undertake a range of practical tasks relating to developing independent living skills.
- Willingness to work a 24/7 rota on a shift basis including weekends as appropriate
Candidates must confirm their interest by 13.07.18 with interviews scheduled to take place on 17.07.18 and the appointed candidate expected to start 20.07.18
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please either forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it below.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Upload CV for this position: