| Recovery Support Worker
Mental Health | London NW2 |£12.00 per hour | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD6328 | Posted: 02/11/2018
Central is currently recruiting for a support worker to work in the Westiminster area. The service provides floating support to support clients with low mental health needs with the aim of maintaining tenancies and enhancing independent living skills
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday. There is a flexibility surrounding hours, but the core hours of 10AM - 4PM must be worked. Cover is required for 3 months. The pay rate for this role is £11.50 per hour.
The head office is based in Pimlico, but as a floating support worker the appointed candidates will be working predominately in the North part of Westminster Borough.
In this position, you will:
- Carry out needs and risk assessments, complete support plans, provide support, and carry out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Hold a caseload of clients of 20 clients and provide support to them on a keyworker basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required
- Provide practical and emotional support to clients to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Support clients to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs
- Support clients to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses
- Support clients to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities
- Work with the activity coaches to engage clients in the community activities
- Support clients to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Support clients to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals
- Promote self-advocacy and advocate where appropriate for all clients
To apply for this role, you must have experience of holding a caseload, providing person-centred support in a floating support capacity. You should also have a minimum of 2 years' experience of working predominantly with users of mental health services and a working knowledge and experience of the housing, health and welfare systems.
The appointed candidate will ideally start as soon as possible, and therefore immediate availability is important.