| Transforming Care Manager
Mental Health | London SW17 |£17.52 per hour | 2-3 months | Job Ref: BD6334 | Posted: 06/11/2018
We are currently recruiting for a Transforming Care Manager to work in the West London area. This is a new role, responsible for managing one service initially, with additional services added as the role progresses. You will be overseeing services which provide support to people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities.
This vacancy is temporary for a period of 3 months with a potential for extension, and has an annual salary of £34,170 pro rata. Although the role is Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM, you will have additional on call duties for up to 3 nights per week from 5PM - 9AM, paid at an additional rate of £17.
You will be responsible for leading teams to provide support to people with a range of low to high needs, including:
- Coaching and mentoring your team to embrace a person centred approach; to enable the people we support to achieve their full potential, goals and aspirations.
- Lead and quality assure the safe achievement of supported individual's planned outcomes in community connection, health and wellbeing, education and employment ensuring that high standards of person centred support is continuously developed and maintained, working with families, the local community and other providers.
- Work in a consistent and positive way with managers and other team members to ensure people receive a great service from the whole team at all times.
- Coordinate the cluster's management of support through the referral, assessment and review stages of person centred planning.
Further responsibilities are listed in the job description, which will be provided to suitable candidates.
Candidates must have experience with transforming care, Positive Behaviour Support and team management in addition to the following:
- Experience of supporting people with learning disability or mental ill health who require practical and /or emotional assistance and support to develop friendships and relationships
- Knowledge of Essential Care Standards, Safeguarding and regulatory frameworks
- Experience of leading teams to embed person centred working
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of developing teams and managing shift rota
- Experience of a range of communication methods (intensive interaction, makaton etc.)
- Experience of leading change within large teams and improve the quality of support provided
The closing date for this vacancy is the 7th of November, with interviews scheduled to take place immediately thereafter. The appointed candidate must be able to start in post immediately.