| Registered Manager
Mental Health | London N6 |£15.91 per hour | 12+ months | Job Ref: BD6493 | Posted: 11/02/2019
Central is currently recruiting for a Registered Manager, to work on a one year fixed term contract in the Archway area. The service provides long-term residential accommodation to older adults with a history of mental health difficulties.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday to Friday. 9AM-5PM cover is for 12 months and the salary for this role is £31,030 per annum
In this position, your key responsibilities will be:
- To support the implementation of our Strategy for care services. The strategy sets out the values, goals and vision for the service.
- Ensure that the service complies with organisational standards, local authority compliance requirements, and the Care Quality Commissions regulations, standards and judgments framework in providing a high quality service to customers.
- Seek and respond to customer, their families and stakeholders feedback, ensuring that the service responds to implement change and improve delivery of services.
- Identify service development needs, ensure that staff have appropriate training, personal development goals, supervisions, appraisal and support.
- Ensure that the staff team understand and that they maintain accurate and professional records through regular audits of the service.
- Manage staff performance robustly to ensure professional, ethical and qualitative behaviour.
- Ensure that efficient, effective and imaginative use of resources is undertaken to cover rotas - ensuring that the service is meeting all its requirements to provide staff support.
- Ensure that you and your team understand their responsibilities in responding to notifiable safety incidents and follow internal procedures and the Care Quality Commissions regulations.
In this role you will be working in a value-driven environment. Candidates are expected to be passionate about making a real difference to people's lives, and supporting them to be as independent, safe, healthy and happy as they possibly can be.
To apply for this role, you need to be kind and empathetic, and respect the individual characteristics and needs of the very diverse range of customers you'll be dealing with. You'll need a sense of humour, an approachable manner and the resilience to cope with a busy, challenging and emotive job.
The successful candidate will be required to administer medication, and carry out personal care; however this is only a small part of a diverse and interesting role.